Registration is now open and the registration is free of charge!
There are two ways to register:
- Call the Collingwood YMCA at 705-445-5705 and ask to register in the "Run the 6th - 2K Kids Race."
- Online registration via the YMCA website (See online registration instructions below)
Online registration instructions
- Click Here and either create an account to log in or if you have a YMCA account please use it to log in. If you are creating an account you will receive an activation email. Activate your account and log in.
- Click Here to add your child as a participant.
- Click Here to navigate to the YMCA programs page.
- At the top of the page select your participants then scroll down and select the "Run the 6th" event on October 7th.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete registration including "add to order" and "checkout" through to the last confirmation screen.
The Collingwood Half Marathon & 10K are pleased to promote healthy kids with the Healthy Kids Community Challenge 2K race. The race is open to school aged kids from age 4 to 12 and will be bib timed with results posted!
The 2K kids race will start at the Start/Finish line of the Adult 10K race directly at Bygone Days Farm on 6th St. just west of Fisher Field soccer complex. Please note that there will be no parking off of 6th st. and no parking on the side of the road on 10th line. All parking is to be in the parking lot on the east side of Fisher field with overflow parking in the grassy area to the north of the kid's soccer fields. Course marshals will be available to direct you to parking.
Race route: The race is a fun out and back race that will go from the starting line out to the one kilometre mark where a course marshal will turn them around back to the start/finish line. 6th Street is fully closed for 4 hours and the race lane is coned off and
Starting time: 8:05 am sharp (5 minutes after the adult 10K start) Please have kids ready in the field at Bygone Days Farm next to the starting line 15 minutes ahead. 7:50 would be a perfect arrival time.
Donations to the Collingwood G&M Hospital Foundation
This year the Foundation’s goal is to raise $10,000 for new defibrillator transport monitors which are used in every department throughout the Hospital. Your donation will help the proper tools and resources to provide the best care possible at CGMH. Thank you for supporting this important goal.
To donate online, please click here>
The entry fee is waived and this race is free of charge and sponsored by The Collingwood Half Marathon & 10K and the Healthy Kids Community Challenge. For more information about Healthy Kids Community Challenge programs visit: The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Website. The Healthy Kids Community Challenge will have tents at the event for kids to make cheering signs and to provide snacks and water. Participant medals are also provided.
The race also has the support of the Collingwood YMCA, providing registration services and community awareness.