It’s getting to be close to race day and I’m so lucky to be race directing this wonderful event! The community spirit in Collingwood is absolutely amazing. So many people here are either involved in sports or physical activities or big boosters of them. I want to thank and recognize some of these people and companies today. Huge thanks go to the following:
- Sanfilippo’s Produce has been providing the highest quality fruits and vegetables in Collingwood since 1953 and has generously donated finish line oranges and bananas!
- Loblaw Great food store in Collingwood has donated the bagels for the finish
- Sporting Life has not only provided our race kit pickup location at the Collingwood Store but has generously donated top 3 finisher prizes for both the 10K and the Half Marathon in the categories: open male & female, masters male & female.
- Finish line tents have been donated by Dan Baxter and Cameron Helps
- Bygone Days Farm donates the field directly at the finish line for our activities.
- The Town of Collingwood donates barricades, water station tables, and finish line tables and chairs. They always help us with planning and the parks and recreation department, especially Chris Stoutenburg provide stellar support.
- The Collingwood G&M Hospital assists us in getting the word out about donations and logistics
- approximately 150 volunteers staff the water stations, provide course marshaling, bike patrollers, and the tireless setup/teardown people.
- My section captains whiteout whom this event cannot run, Patty Federer (course marshal captain), Jane Keast (Bike marshal captain) and Dan Baxter (Setup and teardown captain).
- The Collingwood OPP detachment provides the 21 OPP officers that direct traffic and make the event safety a priority. Thanks!
- 97.7 The Beach and Mariane McLeod for publicity along with The Enterprise Bulletin and The Connection newspapers.
- Special shout-out to Julie Card of mycollingwood.ca for promotion.
- To Clif Bar, Access storage and Karbon for your sponsorship…thanks!
- Thanks to Espresso Post for staffing water station #1
- Maximum Physiotherapy for your massage services! thanks!
- Santini’s Ristorante for providing your carb loading dinner with donation to the hospital foundation.
- The always entertaining DJ Lenny, race MC and player of amazing music! Thanks…
In case I forgot anyone here, remember your contribution is appreciated and thanks for showing our guests from all over Ontario, and 5 other countries what a great place Collingwood is!
– Nick Brindisi – Race Director